Firefighters in Genesee County say a father rescued himself and his four children from a burning house in Pavilion.
It happened shortly after 10 a.m. Tuesday on Telephone Road near Linwood Road.
Firefighters said when they arrived, flames were shooting from the first and second story windows.
Firefighters say they believe the fire started when the children tipped over a kerosene heater on the first floor. They then ran upstairs.
"The father lowered the children down off the roof and then he proceeded to jump off the roof, at which point, he sustained a minor back injury," said Chief Paul Dougherty of the Pavilion Fire Department.
Firefighters say the home is a total loss.